Saturday, January 22, 2011

Train Ride To The Hill Country

First stop on my adventure was the Pinnewela Elephant Orphanage (where I forgot to take my camera). Next day I caught the train from Rambukalla to Hatton, a 4 and a half hour journey up and into the heart of Sri Lanka, through misty luscious jungle and cracks in the mountain, wriggling all the way up hill at a sluggish pace. It was a wonderful journey I'll never forget.

Rambukalla Station maintainance (I particularly like the guy dancing on the sleepers!)  

Looking out the train door

View out the train, felt like Jurassic Park!

Another view out the train door into the jungle and mist

The mist rises to reveal a valley of paddi fields

A Frenchy taking photos out the door


Most common sight in Sri Lanka - the ever-present Tuk-Tuk

No comments:

Post a Comment