Saturday, January 15, 2011

Last Day At Work

So last Saturday was my last day designing toys in Sri Lanka. And it has been a great experience, challenging at times, but generally low pressure and fun work. And some lovely people to work with too, very friendly and welcoming, I will miss them.

A happy chappy


A rare photo of myself with two of the workshop boys/men

More of the workshop crew

The cutting room

Pradeep doing his strut

Samir and the CNC Router

Colourful paints

A safari gathering

Stacking Elephants (my design)

Pradeep 'testing' my design of a flying Chinese Dragon

Lalith the Driver and Chin thaka, Head of Accounts

The men taking Tea break

And the boys taking Tea break

More Tea break action

Pradeep in the workshop

A lonely Tangerine Zebra

Inspecting the screen for printing

And hosing it down

And having another look. It hadn't come out well.
The Gospel House Handicrafts male team (without Shiran)

Pradeep and the Gospel House girls

1 comment: